Almost two weeks ago now we took the kids to the zoo. The first Tuesday of the month after 2pm is free. Matt took a 1/2 day and we went before it gets too hot and school lets out. We had a cool front come through and it was a perfect 76 outside. Cole slept off and on all afternoon and was perfect! Ryker was full of energy and had so much fun! It was so much fun for me to experience it from Ryker's point of view. Of course the day wouldn't be complete without him trying to hug the other kids there :)
At the end of that same week, Pioneer Woman was at a local bookshop signing her newly released children's book. Amber found out about it and we ordered the book and got our tickets. We also made the kids shirts. Cole's was a black onesie that I ironed on I heart P-Dub on. Ryker's was a black shirt that said Kiss the Cook. I also made him a chef's hat with his name on it but he woke up starting to feel sick. I was lucky that he was relatively in a good mood by the time we went to the book signing. Getting him to wear the hat was out of the question. We did manage to get a good group picture. PW LOVED Cole!! She wanted to take him home with her. He flirted and smiled like crazy :)
Ryker also started a new trick. He now signs Thank You. He will do it without being prompted but he isn't doing it every time you give him something yet. We're still working on that. Both the boys are such sweethearts and it warms my heart daily to get hugs from Ryker spontaneously and humongous smiles from curly-lashed Cole. I love those boys!
As part of my Mother's Day present, I requested a play kitchen for Ryker. It came in this past week and I put it together last night. Ryker loves it! He cracks me up because the oven and microwave have stickered buttons on it. He'll put something in either one and pretend to press the buttons. So far the living room appears MUCH cleaner because I have been able to put up and keep most of my kitchen wares in the kitchen. That was one of my goals of getting the kitchen. That and the fact that I love watching him do something that brings him such joy.
I'm curious to see what this new week holds in store!
No comments:
Post a Comment