Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ryker is here even when he isn't!

Dad surprised Mom (well all of us actually!) and brought her out here to see the boys on Valentine's Day. Ryker as always begged to go home with them and he succeeded. I haven't had many opportunities to have Cole by himself and it has been nice. I've tried to do fun things with him so he can have some mommy and me time.

Even though Ryker isn't here, he has made his presence known. It started earlier when I was looking for glue in the junk drawer. Also in the junk drawer was a book. Later I needed a hot pad to get something out of the oven and inside that drawer was a plate from their play kitchen. Finally, I moved something from our closet to the new buffet I got and inside that drawer was the round kitchen gadget that helps open jars. That boy!

Today Cole and I ran a couple of errands and I tried taking him to toddler time at the library but that ended up being a bust so we went to lunch. It is amazing how much easier it is to shop with just one! I recently got a used sit-and-stand stroller and the back converts to a shopping basket when you only have one child with you. Cole fell asleep and missed our Target excursion. We went to Whataburger for lunch because he loves their chicken. Toddler time didn't work out because it was extremely hot in the library. I let him walk around for a while before we left and he really seemed to like being there.

I've been working on some craft projects and just having Cole has made that process much easier! I finished one for Cole's room that I really love. I've also been working on crocheting beanies for craft shows later this year. I've also been trying to purge the hosue again. Cole loves to "help." :)

Ryker's vocabulary has soared lately. He repeats everything after hearing it once and he has started speaking sentences. His other new thing is asking "what's that?" He has one curious mind! Cole's new word is "go." I am certain he learned that from Ryker who is the world's best backseat driver.

The other thing Cole and I have done is play chase. He loves for me to chase him and I love watching those little legs run as fast as they can. Once I catch him, he will lay down on the floor and let me tickle him. I love those giggles!

It has been long, hard days since Matt has ramped up time at school. I usually end the day physically and emotionally exhaused but regardless of how tired I am, those giggling, loving, hugging moments make it all worth it.

No comments: