Saturday, July 23, 2011

Baby Dolls and Golf Clubs

About a month ago we started going through Ma and Boss' garage and taking what we wanted and donating the rest. One of the things I came across was a baby doll. I cleaned her up and gave her to Ryker and he has been taking care of her ever since. Mostly he puts her in the swing and starts it up. Yesterday though he took it a step further. I was at the stove cooking and he came up to me with Cole's high chair tray. He had been trying to climb in it himself so I thought this was what he was doing again so I told him no. He started crying and I turned around and saw he had put Baby in the high chair. So I put the tray on and he went over to the counter where I keep the puffs and grunted for me to get them down. I poured Baby some puffs and went back to cooking. Ryker would come by every once in a while and help Baby eat her puffs. Once he had eaten them all, he wanted to take her out. He grabbed her out of the chair and I told him to burp Baby so he put her on his shoulder and started burping her. Then he went back over to the swing and put her to sleep.

Ryker also has a set of golf clubs that I got him several months ago. Lately I've been getting onto him because he holds one of the clubs over his head and slams it onto the ground. I'm afraid Cole is going to roll under it and get whacked. He was doing it again yesterday so I got onto him for it and then I got on the phone. Cole was rolling around all over the ground and managed to roll over to one of the golf clubs. He picked it up and was hitting it on the ground. Ryker noticed and went over and said "NO, NO," took it away and then spanked Cole. He's so smart!

Ryker has also learned how to make the smacking sound when he kisses. I point to a spot on my cheek and ask for a kiss and he'll lean over and smack one on me. He loves to kiss on Cole when Cole wakes up in the morning. I hope he stays sweet like that! :)

Cole's new favorite is puffs. I'll put him in his high chair, put the tray on and hold up the can of puffs. He recognizes it and gets so excited! He'll flap his arms and slap the tray. Once I start pouring them out, he can't get his hands on them fast enough. He'll grab a few and start shoving them in his mouth.

Cole is also doing much better at night. He's still sleeping in our closet but I'm hoping to move him back to his room soon. He generally wakes up around 3 but most nights he'll only cry about 5 minutes or so and go back to sleep and sleep until between 5 and 6. I can live with that! Ryker is such a light sleeper though. I fear those 5 minutes of crying will wake him up and then I'll still have to get up. That's why I hesitate to put Cole in his room now. I'm hoping after another week or so in the closet he'll eliminate the 3am cry.

No comments: