Tuesday, August 16, 2011

God and George Washington

Ryker has figured out he can move his step stool around pretty much where ever he can't reach. Tonight it was to reach Matt's side of the dresser. There was a dollar bill lying there and he picked it up and started flipping it over and showing it to me. I asked him what he does with a dollar and he said God. I told him yes, you give your money to God at church on Sundays. Then he pointed to George Washington and said God. Apparently God has a face now :)

Cole is sitting up like a champ now. His newest trick is sitting up from lying down. It has been so helpful to me! He log rolls all over the floor and I think he'll take off crawling any day now but for him log rolling is sufficient. I think he is also finally getting the hang of no-no, don't touch. It didn't require a spank today when I told him that. He started crying though so apparently something is getting through even though he has seemed like he isn't a quick learner.

He definitely isn't a quick learner on the sleep thing. He's been banished to the pack n play again in our closet. Last night was night 2 and he did a lot better than the night before. I don't know why the child doesn't like sleep. He is taking three naps a day; the first and third are usually only 30 minutes. The middle nap I usually end up holding him because it is the only way to keep him asleep and quiet long enough for Ryker to get his nap and me to try and squeeze in a short one.

Matt is still working long hours often and I am trying to maintain a level of sanity. It is a very low, barely existing level but I'm trying. I usually try to go somewhere on the days I know he will be late so we're not stuck at home with each other all day especially since it is insanely too hot to do anything outside. I am so ready for cooler weather. No complaining about cold toilet seats for me this winter. I'm going to embrace them :)

Ryker is saying more words every day. Today he saw the giraffes on tv during the weather report and said, "giraffe" then he said "eat, eat, tree." He is starting to say simple sentences.

Well that's about all I remember for now and a little someone is crying for attention. He's always crying about something!

No comments: