Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Always running behind!

To say I'm behind is an understatement. At least I have been making a running list of the things I want to make sure I write down. I know it isn't even exhaustive but it is better than my memory alone!

A couple of weeks ago Matt took a half day and we took the kids to the Children's Museum. They LOVED it! Ryker's favorite was the telephone station. It had several old school phones including pay phones. They had automated messages so it appeared to him that he was talking to somebody. Boy did he talk back! We have video of that. I didn't expect Cole to have much fun b/c I thought it would all be too old for him. Boy was I wrong! He is determined to be a big boy and he crawled around and had a blast. There was a tunnel set up in the toddler area and he never thought twice about it. He crawled in one way, turned around and came back. Ryker just started doing that not long ago!

Ryker is constantly adding to his vocabulary. His latest is "rock, rock" whenever we put him down for bed. He also says, "be right back" and holds out his palm like I do to him whenever I have to put Cole down or do something else. Kory taught him to hold up his first two fingers and say "peace." It is hilarious!

Cole is not far away from walking. He pulls up on everything and walks along the furniture. I think he would take steps if he wasn't thinking about it so hard. It will be a whole new world for him and he is ready! Ryker better watch out because his running buddy will be just that :)

Ryker has also been showing interest in going potty; especially at church, but he does go so I take him whenever he says he needs to. We celebrate and he loves to flush the potty. The only problem is he only sees me go potty, so he wants to sit spread eagle on the big toilet and wipe with every little dribble that comes out. I try not to discourage him because nothing would make me happier if he is an easy train!

Cole is our human garbage disposal. He crawls around and finds everything, food and nonfood. I am convinced he also has a hollow leg. That boy never seems full! He is also turning his nose up at baby food and only wants the big league stuff. I can't say that I blame him at all. I also finally got him to start drinking consistently but he only wants sweet tea. Can't blame him there!

Mom and dad gave Matt a small step stool for Easter but Ryker has long ago claimed it as his. It folds down flat and pops together. The other day somehow he managed to undo one side of it and I couldn't get it back together. I knew it wasn't broken forever so I told him when daddy got home he would fix it. So he ran to the front door yelling daddy and I couldn't convince him that daddy was coming home late. I called Matt and let Ryker talk to him and he was telling him in his own words that it was broken. He was so upset because he went to bed before Matt got home. To his great surprise, it was fixed all better the next morning. He resumed business as usual.

One night after church we went to Sonic because even though we ate dinner before we left, we were both hungry. I let Ryker out of his car seat because we were planning on staying to eat. Matt placed our order and then Ryker climbed in his lap, leaned out the window and started yelling at the board. He placed many orders. It was hilarious! Matt would tell him to order something specific and he would lean out and say it in his own way. I wish we could have gotten that on video!

A couple of weeks ago we had Ryker's 2 year party. So hard to believe he is 2!! One of the things we got him was his own hymnal and Amber got him a pitch pipe. He opened her gift first and the look on his face was priceless. He knew instantly what it was and wanted it! I had him open the hymnal next and he was in heaven! He grabbed both of them, ran to the couch, sat down, blew the pitch, said "do" and proceeded to lead us all in song. It made my heart sing!

Wow! I think I am finally caught up. Until tomorrow that is :)

No comments: