Ryker decided to cheat death three times yesterday. He started out bright and early on this conquest. He was in bed with Matt b/c he woke up well before his usual time and I was feeding Cole. I knew he was still awake b/c I could hear him talking and playing. I doubted that Matt was awake b/c he can sleep through anything. All of a sudden I hear a WHACK and then him crying. I ran in there and turned on the light and picked him up and he immediately had a 1 inch in diameter goose egg on his forehead. We came in the kitchen to put ice on it and within 5 minutes it had doubled in size. We both agreed we should probably get him looked at.
I went in the bedroom to get dressed and I was almost done when Matt came running in with Ryker. I thought he had gotten worse or something but Matt says, "I'm fixing to throw up." And no, not from food poisoning or illness, but from the knot on Ryker's head. I take Ryker and we come back to the living room to load up Cole. We can hear Matt in the bathroom dry heaving and Ryker thinks it is HILARIOUS. He is cracking up and mimicking the noise. I have the diaper bag and kids ready and Matt is still in there. I thought I was going to have to leave him here. He finally pulled it together and sat in the back to keep Ryker awake while I drove b/c with something like this, NASCAR needs to drive :) Uncle Kory would be proud!
We went to the new hospital behind our house and nobody was there. They took us straight back to a room. Other than the huge goose egg, Ryker was fine. They told us unless the injury is on the side or back of the head they don't need to be seen unless they pass out or start throwing up. I gave him Tylenol and he never seemed to be bothered by it.
Something Ryker started doing for the first time yesterday is say "ice" when it dumps. I have always told him that b/c he looks at me every time. Now he tells me what is going on!
Cole also had a first yesterday. I started putting rice cereal in his bottles in hopes that he would start eating and sleeping better. If yesterday was any indication, we're on the road to success! He went 3 or more hours between each feeding and I only got up once with him last night. That sure does beat the every 2 hours he was doing! He seems happier and didn't throw up once yesterday. Maybe between that and the Prevacid he'll become a happy baby. He's in his bouncer now staring at me and kicking his legs. Uh oh. And getting fussy.
No comments:
Post a Comment