Friday, April 1, 2011

Pretty Flowers

This is potentially going to be long because I thought of a few other things that aren't necessarily current but something I want to remember :)

We'll start with current first:
Cole rolled over this morning! He got up super early and never went back to sleep. When Matt left for work, I hoped he would fall back to sleep if he was in bed with me, so we moved from the couch to the bed. He was talking and cooing and turned to his side. I scooted over to give him more room to see what he would do and lo and behold he rolled over! He tried to continue a log roll but couldn't make it from tummy to back. I'm sure that won't be long!

While Cole napped in the swing, Ryker and I were outside. I was sitting at the picnic table and Ryker was off playing. I had my head in my lap because I was tired and usually Ryker comes over and thinks I'm playing peep-eye. Today he stood beside me and grunted. When I looked up, he handed me a flower. It made my day! Then when he saw my reaction, he went and picked the rest of the flowers he could find. I put one behind my ear so he spent the rest of his time trying to put them in my hair. He's a sweet boy!

Yesterday we put out bird seed in the feeder. Ryker has really enjoyed watching the birds. Every once in a while a few would come feed while we were outside. If he noticed, he'd go towards them and of course they'd fly away. He'd have this look on his face like, I just want to be your friend! Yeah right. Those birds are smarter than that :)

Two old tricks that Ryker does is You're So Smart and Where's God? Mom taught him the smart trick. Whenever you tell him or say that he's smart, he puts both pointer fingers to the sides of his head. It's hilarious, until he goes to school and does it. When you ask him where God is, he'll point up. It warms my heart to see that!

No comments: